What causes pimple on earlobe? Explore on the meaning of pimple like bump on earlobe, that won’t pop or go away, cyst, lump and how to get rid.
- 1 Pimple on Earlobe Meaning
- 2 Pimple on Earlobe Causes
- 3 Pimple on Earlobe won’t pop
- 4 Pimple on Earlobe next to ear Piercing
- 5 Pimple on Earlobe won’t go away, Heal and Painful
- 6 How to Get Rid of Pimple on Earlobe
Pimple on Earlobe Meaning
According to the traditional Chinese medicine, the pimples that appear on your face and ears may have a certain meaning concerning certain organs in your body. Each TCM organ carries with it with an emotional meaning and connection to related body systems that need strengthening if a weakness that is, a pimple is seen.
Spots or pimples appear on zones like earlobes, under eyes and chin, may indicate a problem with your kidney or some extended areas of the bladder.
If you have pimples in these zones it is a sign that there is kidney imbalance which may manifest alongside one or more the following things:
- On an emotional level like fear issues
- Reproductive health issues
- Urinary issues
Pimple on Earlobe Causes
A pimple may suddenly appear on the earlobe sometimes accompanied with pain and dizziness. There are numerous conditions that will cause bumps on your earlobes.
Poor personal hygiene
Touching the inner part of the ears with hands that are dirty or using dirty cell phones and dirty earplugs can easily causes ear infections, pimples or bumps.
To add on that, scratching your ears with nails, and unwashed hair, and dirty hair products that are not clean can lead to the development of bumps on your earlobe.
Through poor cleanliness, bacteria will be able to find a suitable condition to thrive well hence causing the pimples to occur on your skin. It is also possible for dirt to clog the pores on the ears and this will lead to bumps formation.
During summer, people are highly likely to develop bumps or pimples on the body. This is mainly due to the high levels of skin secretions that accompanies deposit of dust debris hence blocking of pores.
Cold weather experience during the winter season combined with indoor heating may cause dryness of the skin. When the skin becomes dry, you may begin to develop bumps and not just on the earlobes, but also other places on your body.
Occlusive cloths and helmets
Putting on clothing and helmets that trap moisture around your ears provide bacteria with the ideal breeding ground.
When the bacteria is trapped inside the skin pores, it could lead to acne or pimple on earlobe. It therefore necessary that you avoid wearing these kind of helmets and cloths.
Numerous kind of ear piercings including the ones on the earlobe and the cartilage can lead to a pimple on your ear, especially in the area that has been pierced. When a piercing is infected, it may cause a lump, pimple on it or around it. It is very important to take a good care of fresh piercing and always clean them as usual as possible.
Commonly known as sebaceous cysts, are growths that can occur in any part of the body. The cyst will be random growth that displays pocket- like form, similar blisters that occur on the skin.
- Is a kind of growth that can be brought about by the ruptured sebaceous gland, though most of the sebaceous cysts are caused by damaged hair follicles, the skins inability to shed surface cells or injury that has occurred to the skin.
- When sebaceous cyst forms on the ear, it is likely to be in the form of a painless lump found behind your earlobe and is noticed very quickly due to the itchiness of the surrounding tissues.
Those who suffer from pimple on earlobe also has a reason to condition folliculitis as a possible cause of that particular problem. Folliculitis is a condition where by a hair follicle is inflamed.
If an ear follicle is damaged, either by jewelry, the pocket that close the hair shaft root may become inflamed. This condition can as well occur when bacteria is able to squeeze past the outer skin layer to the hair root.
Folliculitis symptoms include redness, swelling, discomfort, and swelling that is heightened by the temperature that surrounds the skin on the ear.
It can lead to pimples on the earlobe, first an epidermoid cyst is a small lump that develops under the skin and can be touched and moved by the fingers and it is usually painless. Some research reveals that it can grow to become a tumor.
Excessive sun exposure
It irritate the oil glands in the skin and cause bumps in the earlobe. Scotch sun is generally harmful to the skin and it therefore important to stay away from it or apply sunscreens.
Trauma to the ear
This can cause a pimple on earlobe more especially if the skin was injured, as a wound healing phase.
More causes of pimple on earlobe
- Putting on woolen hats
- Using poor cosmetic products
- Beach sand
- Taking medications such as birth control pills
- Diets with too much refined sugars
- Allergic reactions to medicines, foods, pets, and dander
Symptoms of Pimple on Earlobe or Signs
Considering the cause and size of your pimple on the earlobe, it may come with many different symptoms. The main symptoms for all pimples are:
- Temporary hearing loss
- Ear discharge in some severe cases
- Ear infection
- Recurrent pimples
Pimple on Earlobe won’t pop
You may develop a pimple on your earlobe that when you try to pop, it does not ooze anything. The reason for this may be, the pimple has not yet matured enough to come to the head. Another reason is that there are different causes of pimples some being severe others just normal.
If the infection is deep down in the skin tissues, even if you try to pop the pimple, expect nothing to come out. This is common with blind pimples. You can use a warm compress daily to bring the pimple to the head.
Note: at all times never try to pop a pimple on earlobe that does not have a white head or black head, as it may lead to worse infections.
A pimple that won’t go away can be a tumor. So if you try to pop a pimple and it does not come out, visit your doctor to determine what could be the cause of the pimple appearance.
Pimple on Earlobe next to ear Piercing
There are three basic types of pimples that usually occur near or on a piercing, follicular cysts, keloid, and abscesses. If you can determine what the bump is and what caused it to appear, then you can make a plan to get rid of it immediately.
They are usually northing serious than an obstruction inside the piercing that causes lymph to gather, forming a liquid- filled bump. The area of the pimple on earlobe next to the ear piercing may be reddish and tender and may bleed a little bit.
Follicular cysts are mostly common in tragus, eyebrow, ear and nostril piercing. To reduce their appearance, you have to change the jewelry, and avoid too tight rings that may cause pressure, especially after the piercing has begun to swell.
This are large, painful swellings under or behind the piercing rather than just right next to it. This happen due to the infectious fluid that get trapped in the piercing usually a nipple or earlobe, where there is no drainage from the piercing.
Are excess scar tissue growth formed as a callous by the piercing from uncomfortable friction. This happen to the pierces with more skin pigment.
Ingrown Pimple on Earlobe
An earlobe ingrown pimple, sometimes knows as sebaceous cyst, is a sac-like structure that is formed below the surface of the skin on the external ears. They are painful bumps and are similar to pimples. They are pus-filled and grow under the skin. An infected hair follicle may be very severe or mild, and depending on its severity, there are several remedies available.
The ingrown pimple usually result when a hair on your ear regrow inside the skin and hence the infections takes advantage to thrive in the area.
Cause of ingrown pimple on earlobe
usually are mainly caused by an ingrown hair which after being cut it regrow into the skin, and get infected. Also, it is most commonly found that when the oil produced by the sebaceous gland is faster than it can be released, cysts may occur. They may also occur due to skin trauma or swollen hair follicles.
How to remove an ingrown pimple
Earlobe ingrown pimple treatment involves either surgical or non-surgical removal.
- If you go for the surgical method, your doctor would numb the area with the help of a local anesthetic, after which he/she would use a scalpel to open the cyst and make a single cut at the center of the swelling.
- Once the incision is made, the doctor would squeeze out the accumulated fluid in the cyst. If the cyst is still intact, he/she would hold the incision using a pair of blunt scissors and use a pair of forceps to remove it.
- Once the cyst is removed, the area is disinfected and stitched up, if necessary. Your doctor may prescribe antibiotics after surgery so that the area does not get infected.
Non- surgical removal
Non-surgical method of removal includes the use of warm water or heating pad. Application of heat pad brings the pus and bacteria close to the surface, which makes it easier for removal. If the ingrowth pimple on earlobe is on the exterior side of the earlobe and is easily reachable, place the heating pad on the pimple.
- Make sure you use this process for 15 to 20 minutes, twice or thrice every day of the week. A warm washcloth can also be used in case the cyst cannot be accessed by a heating pad.
- As per on how deep the infection is, this method may take one or two weeks. Since the pus is waxy, an oily fluid would be formed due to the application of the warm compress. This oily fluid would be reabsorbed by the body safely and there would be less chances of blood poisoning from the area.
Use of turmeric and tea tree oil
Another non-surgical method which can be used is the use of turmeric or tea tree oil, which may help in drying up fluids present in the pimple.
- For applying tea tree oil, wash the pimple on earlobe with water and soap, and rinse completely.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in tea tree oil, and hold it on the cyst for 5 minutes.
- Then apply this procedure as many times you want till the pimple go away.
For applying turmeric, take a pinch of the powder, and add some few drops of water to it, and stir it to make a paste. Apply this mixture on the cyst for 20 minutes once every day till it is no more.
Use of clay mask
Apart from the above mentioned methods, you can also use clay masks overnight so that the pus inside is drawn out. You can choose to use any of the clay masks found in any drugstore in your nearby store. Before going to sleep, apply a swab of the clay on the pimple on earlobe and let it dry completely before you lie on the pillow. Do this every night till the pus is drawn up to the surface of the skin.
Pimple on Earlobe won’t go away, Heal and Painful
A pimple on ear that won’t go away could be a sign of an infections. Pimples on your ear lobe that are recurring, feel bumpy and painful or are hard should be a reason enough for you to see your doctor.
Black, red and white bumps in the ear canal, ear lobe and in ear piercings or earring hole may be painful and cause someone a lot of discomfort.
A bumpy and painful ear lobe pimple could be caused by either an infection or allergic dirt that may react with the skin and ends up forming a small, painful lump. However, in some cases, you may have a bump inside ear canal or on the earlobe that won’t heal for a long time.
If the pimple on earlobe white in colour or red, and in some cases is painless but just continue to grow it could mean a serious health problem such as cancer.
Ensure you see a specialist for proper diagnosis or biopsy to determine if it is a cancer growing in your ear canal or not. Do the same for a painful scab in the canal of your ear, especially if it is oozing blood or pus and obstructs hearing.
An irritated pimple on the ear can easily hurt especially if you pick it, it pains with a burning sensation- you may think your ear is next to a heat source. This condition can affect babies as well as adults, so it is good to observe your child’s ear to make sure they are not victims.
If your baby has a dry scab behind his ears or bumps, it could simply mean that they have a dandruff-like skin on their ears. This can be removed with baby shampoo at home, though you should have a doctor look at it first before you administer any treatment.
How to Get Rid of Pimple on Earlobe
As per the requirements of dermatologists, removal and drainage will be the two ways that are finest to finish the pimple. The “do it yourself approach” is also important and can help. You are supposed to make a little cut on the skin where a pimple on earlobe is located and drain out the semiliquid substance that is contained inside.
When the issue persists or a pimple keeps its material consult with an operative treatment along with a health care provider will complete this pimple.
Home Remedies for Pimples on Earlobe
Tea Tree Oil
It is beneficial as it has oil that contains many anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. The properties are vital in helping deal with problems such as a cough, toenail fungus, acne, and pimple on ear. It is also great for dealing with sebaceous cyst, which is one of the causes of pimple on ear.
- Apply the tea tree oil directly on to the pimple on earlobe. The oil will provide a protective layer for the earlobe and will help in fighting against any infection.
- Alternatively, you can use diluted tea tree oil. For this, you will need to:
- Mix tea tree oil with water
- Ensure it is in the ratio of 1:9
- Apply the mix on to the earlobe thrice a day
It is an excellent remedy for dealing with pimple on earlobes. It not only contains pain-relieving properties, but it is also able to heal infected pimples.
- Apply the Aloe Vera gel directly to your pimple on earlobe
- You will experience a cool feeling that will relieve the irritation
- To remove the impurities, make sure to drink Aloe Vera Juice on a regular basis
Hot compress is very good for addressing issues such as pimple on the earlobe. If you want to do away with the pimple on earlobe, practice the hot compress method at home.
- The method is helpful in draining any pus or fluids that are in the pimple. Ensure that the compress is of medium heat as a hot compress may provide a breeding ground for bacteria.
Honey combined with yogurt works like a very good wound dresser. When treating pimple, you will need to:
- Put wheatgrass in a blender and blend it
- Add some honey into your paste and mix it well
- Apply the mixture directly to the pimple
- Leave it overnight on the pimple on earlobe
- Wash it off in the morning
How to Prevent Pimple on Earlobe
Here are tips on how to prevent or nurse pimples on ear:
- Ensure that you maintain strict hygiene and cleanliness levels. Make sure to clean that area every day. Once clean, pat it dry and do not let it stay damp as it will cause problems.
- Do not fidget with the pimples at any time as this may lead to further infection on it.
- Make sure you do not use greasy hair products as they can aggravate the acne
- For the duration of the pimple on earlobe, change the pillowcases on your bed at least three times a week to ward off any hair oil that may have got to the pillows when you sleep
- Increase your intake vitamin A by consuming foods that are rich in this vitamin such as carrots, papaya, pumpkin and spinach and also those rich in Vitamin C such as oranges, mangoes, tomatoes, and peppers.
- Increase your water intake each day. Water helps in cleansing your blood stream and in the process eliminates the toxins that have built up in your body, thereby accelerating the skin healing process.
- To eliminate acne, Zinc is another element that you need to take in plenty. You should hold necessary consultations with your dermatologist before starting an intake of the supplement. You may also increase your intake of cashews, walnuts, as well as oysters. All these are packed with zinc.
To add on all this, stay happy always and avoid stress, as some of these pimples are associated with unstable life full of stress. It is also important to note that if pimples won’t go away, you should seek medical advice for proper diagnosis and treatment
You May Also Like:
- Pimple under Skin, no Head, Hard, Swollen, Hurts, cyst, on Chin, Neck, Face, Get Rid, Pictures
- Pimple on Thigh, Inner, Outer, STD, Boil, Female, wont pop, from rubbing together, under Skin, Treatment
- Pimples on Chest, Acne, Female, Fungal Infection, Get Rid Overnight, Treatment
- Pimples on Eyelid, White Bump, on Upper, Lower, inside, Milia, Cyst, Causes, Treatment
- Pimples on Penile Shaft, Fordyce Spots, Papules, STD Bumps, HPV, Penis Head, Causes, Treatment, Pictures
- Causes of the pimples on the earlobe:
- Why spots will appear on your earlobe:
- Why you should never pop an ear pimple:
- Pimple on earlobe next to the ear piercing:
- Earlobe cyst: