What causes a blind pimple on your nose, chin or ear? Get insights on the meaning of a blind pimple, causes, how to get rid and pictures.
Pimple mostly form a whitehead or a blackhead. But a blind pimple looks like a swollen pinkish bump on the skin. And it is also known as papule, which can be tender to the touch. It is very tempting to pop but you have to avoid popping it. There is some ways of treating this kind of pimples accompanied by natural home remedies and skin products. However, if the pimple refuse to go away after using home remedies, I will advise you to seek a medical doctor for diagnosis.
- 1 Blind Pimple Meaning
- 2 How to control blind pimples
- 3 Blind Pimple Causes
- 4 Blind Pimple on Chin
- 5 Blind Pimple on Nose
- 6 Blind Pimple in Ear
- 7 Blind Pimple Treatment
- 8 Blind Pimple Pop
- 9 How to Get Rid of a Blind Pimple
- 10 Blind Pimple Pictures
Blind Pimple Meaning
It is as a closed comedone or an under the skin pimple. A blind bump is a deep pimple without a head. In other words it is a skin bump that does not come to a head as it mostly happens with ordinary acne pimples such as, whiteheads, blackheads, cysts, and pustules. A blind lump is typically very painful than a common acne bumps because they usually occur deeper under the skin and closer to the nerves. It tends to appear mostly on the nose, chin, and behind the ears.
But also they can appear in any area on your face or body including the forehead and back. These blind bumps are also typically bigger than the common acne bumps since they are accompanied with more serious inflammation. A deep pimple forms when hair follicles get clogged with excess sebum, which may develop an inflammatory reaction. In other words the intense swelling and redness that usually associated with these under the skin pimples. In addition to these symptoms, the problem may led some people to get headaches.
How to control blind pimples
Do not dig at the blind bump with pins or needles, and also it is advisable not to squeeze it hard in an attempt to remove what is underneath. Because by doing this you will increase your chances of getting an infection, or even damaging the skin and possibly leave an unsightly scar.
One of the most popular remedies many people use is toothpaste, although, it is not advisable you try this. Use of toothpaste might be useful for some people because people are different. But still there are good odds that toothpaste may end up causing some irritation to the skin that can leave you in worse condition.
Blind Pimple Causes
The causes of under skin pimples are usually the same as those that cause any other acne lesions. Any factor that causes overproduction of sebum in the sebaceous glands, clogged pores, and inflammation of the tissues covers the hair follicles and skin pores can form pimples. The following are my tips of under skin pimples causes:
- Hormonal changes in teenagers and adults especially during or after menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause. This causes excessive sebum production.
- Use of thick or greasy, skin clogging cosmetics and skin care products including lotions, foundations and others.
- Poor shedding of dead skin cells. This usually causes clogging of hair follicles.
- Bacterial infections that naturally occurring skin bacteria, propionibacterium acne, also is to blame.
A blind pimple may not have a whitehead or blackhead, you can notice them easily because they are particularly large and red or pink in color. They also tend to appear more commonly on the nose, chin, forehead, back, and behind the ears. In some cases the pimples are usually accompanied with more intense inflammation, they develop in larger areas on the surface of the skin.
Blind Pimple on Chin
Pimples occurs in several different reasons, but when they appear with pain, there might be a worse problem. Especially an under skin pimple can cause a much pain than any other common pimple because it is deep in your skin and closer to nerves. Drinking plenty of water, eating fresh fruits, having enough rest and keeping proper hygiene, and also exercise plan can all result to a big difference in clearing up pimples fast and it usually prevent pimples from developing in your skin.
There are some simple home remedies you can use in eliminating a blind pimple. Always remember to wash your affected area with warm water and rinse it with a clean towel before applying any home remedies. I am going to introduce you to some of the best remedies and tips that will not lead to any side effects on your skin.
How to get rid of blind pimple on chin fast and naturally
The following are the best home remedies:
Rubbing alcohol– it contains powerful cooling, soothing, and disinfectant properties. It will help the inflamed pimple to reduce in redness and size. To make use of this method, you just need to follow the instructions.
- Soak in rubbing alcohol a cotton swab and gently dab the swab on your pimple.
- Leave it for at least 30 minutes and then wash your affected area using lukewarm water.
- Apply this tip as many times as you like throughout the day until the head of the pimple appears on the surface of the skin.
Apple cider vinegar– it contains a tonic action that can help to promote blood circulation and also contains properties that can help prevent the bacteria growth that can trigger skin infections and an outbreak.
- Add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to one glass of lukewarm water and consume it before having your meal. This helps to improve the blood circulation inside your body, which also prevents underneath pimple.
- Soak one cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it on your skin, and the leave it for about 5 minutes. Do not let it stay for long because the acidic property of the apple cider vinegar can burn your skin.
Epsom salt– this is another useful natural treatment that can help you to get rid of blind pimple easily.
- Mix in one-half cup of water, one teaspoon of Epsom salt until the salt completely dissolved. Let the mixture in a cool place.
- Take a cotton ball, then use lukewarm mixture to apply onto the blind pimple, Let it dry naturally.
- After the mixture is cool, use water to rinse it off.
- Do this for 2-3 times daily for about 3 days until the pimple head pop out naturally.
Blind Pimple on Nose
Under the skin pimple is something that many people are not familiar with, this type of pimple is much painful than any other acnes. It is a red bump that do not seem to disappear, especially on nose it is very painful. The reason is that they occur deep within the skin and close to the nerve. Due to their unique proximity to the surrounding nerves.
As we discussed at the beginning these kind of pimples that form deep down the skin tissues can form anywhere. Nose being one of the target is the area the underneath pimple carries much pain and irritation, as it is right in the center of the face.
Treatment or care of this pimples on nose is just the same as the one carried anywhere on the skin, but here you will have to be more cautious not to leave a scar behind. Home remedies as well are the same, but as usual I will advise you to make an appointment with your doc if the situation won’t respond to your care.
Blind Pimple in Ear
In some cases, you can develop a type of ear canal infection known as external otitis or otitis externa. Otitis is localized to a particular spot inside your ear canal which may end up developing an underneath pimple at the site of the infection. This infection is usually caused by bacteria in your ear canal. In some cases, a fungus in your canal triggers infection. One can develop external otitis if you injure your ear canal during cleaning, exposing your ear to hair spray splash water in your canal.
An infection caused by water exposure is also described as swimmer’s ear. Determine on your circumstances. External otitis can form both widespread inflammation and discomfort, or a common infection called furunculosis.
How to differentiate a blind pimple and a boil
Furunculosis is accompanied by an infection of a hair follicle in your ear canal, this infection usually forms a small, red pimple which causes a level of ear pain that seems larger than the size of the pimple itself. In most cases an under skin pimple in your ear canal forms some yellowish or white pus. Furunculosis combined pimples can turn into more serious lesions known as boil.
An underneath pimple that look like a boil in your ear canal, will automatically disappear on its own without any treatment. The research shoes that it occurs when the lesion bursts open drains. While waiting for the pimple or a boil to bursts, you can reduce your pain symptoms using some painkillers like ibuprofen. During this time, avoid scratching or disturbing your affected ear canal. You can visit your physician if your pimple or boil does not heal in a given period of time.
You can prevent your ear canal infection by staying away from sticking cotton swabs or damaging items that can harm your canal. Also it is good to avoid exposing your ear canals to hair products such as shampoos, and even spray and also water or soap when you bath. Apply equals of parts of vinegar and rubbing alcohol it helps swimmer’s ear before and after swimming or other water exposure. It is also advisable to inform your doctor when you receive treatment for other ear disorders.
Blind Pimple Treatment
As much as concerned with an under the skin pimple, it is very wrong to pop it with pins, needles, or squeeze it out. You should never squeeze or pop the pimples as this will only increase and worsen the problem and also add some infection and scars on your face. Instead of lancing, consider treating blind pimple with the following over the counter treatments
There are some over the counter in most drugstores and supermarkets. Research shows that salicylic acid is also said to have mild anti-inflammatory properties that can help to mild acne and drying skin out. By using over the counter for treating a blind pimple, it may be too drying to the skin and even cause it to flake if used continuously, it usually used to unclog the pores.
- Wash your face using clean warm water, this will help to open up the skin pores.
- Apply a small amount about one tablespoon of face wash using over the counter.
- Massage the cleanser into the skin gently circular strokes to avoid too much pressure.
- Rinse your face with warm water and use a clean face towel to pat it dry.
- Repeat the cleansing process at least 2 times a day for the best result.
Talk to your dermatologist or pharmacist before using any drugs to avoid complication especially if you are undergoing in any other medication or pimples treatments. When treating a blind pimple there are some stages you should know about.
- Early stage it appears as red, sore lump deep in the skin and this is the best time to treat it.
- The later stage if the pimple forms a head, the aim is to draw it to a head and treat it on the surface.
The treatment of a blind bump requires patience and a careful approach like
- When you try to squeeze it you may cause a bigger problem and also it is very painful.
- Drying one out will also dry out the surrounding skin and it may end up causing skin irritation.
Note that a blind bump usually make its own way to the surface of the skin and eventually and form a head. The best treatment for these pimples will determine on the stage you have found it. Especially when you notice it in the early stage, when the pimple is still forming. If you notice them in this stage there are better chances to stop it immediately or reduce its intensity or make it go away completely. As soon as you notice the underneath lump appearance you can try to
- Ice it as this is can relieve its pain and inflammation. This reduces blood flow to the area that inhibits swelling and also it relieves pain. Ice the spot for at least an hour in bits and you will see some changes.
- Drinking much water, eating fresh fruits, taking a deep breath, and getting enough time to rest will help you. It may be too late but any extra step to flush out toxin and provide anti-inflammatory action helps.
Blind Pimple Pop
Avoiding popping a pimple is one of those cardinal beauty rules that is often broken. The best way to heal the under skin pimple is to leave it to heal on its own. If you are going to squeeze bump or acne, make sure you are not making it worse and creating more problems on your face. Popping a pimple can also leave you with red, dark, or purple mark left over and the marks can linger for months. So it is important to get the infection out of the skin in the least invasive way. Use the following steps to avoid complications.
- Before you pop, be careful of what type of breakout you are dealing with, if it is something that needs extracting. For cystic acne, the hard, sore blemishes that form deep under the skin and can stay for some weeks, it is advisable not to temper with it. It is not easy to see cystic blemishes appearing to the surface. Instead, they form deep within the skin and they also heal deep within the skin.
- You must be sure of when to pop the blind pimple. A blemish that has just appeared in other one you should leave it alone. If you do not see any whitehead or blackhead on the surface of the skin, do not try to pop it because it can damage the surrounding tissue and result to an infection.
- If you see a whitehead on the surface, now this is the right time you can pop your pimple. Wrap a tissue paper around each of your forefingers, the fingers gives the best control when putting pressure on the skin. The key of squeezing it to aim the blemish under your skin, do not squeeze on the top, keep your fingers a bit far from the blemish. So that you create a very mild pressure that removes the infection within your skin, to help soften the skin before you squeeze, apply a warm towel over the whitehead.
- Apply a spot gel if the pus did come out, gently apply the treatment to help dry up and remove out the remaining infection. You can also check on over-the-counter ingredients which helps to clear any impurities that lead to another breakouts.
How to Get Rid of a Blind Pimple
A blind bump can be more painful than other pimples, because it is deep under the skin and closer to the nerves. Like any other type of pimples, it is caused by overactive sebaceous glands within the skin that form excess oil resulting in clogged pores. These kind of pimples usually appears can also grow anywhere on the body. They are normally have reddish or pink color, and they are larger than other common acne bumps, very painful and tender to touch. You can wash the affected skin area with warm water and pat it dry with a clean towel before applying any remedies.
Here are some tips you can follow to get rid of blind pimple
- Warm compress– the use of a warm compress can be very helpful in drying out your pimple. Soak a cloth in hot water and then apply it to the pimple, holding it there for some few minutes. Repeat this as much as you like, once a head forms, the blind pimple will definitely have an outlet to drain and it can now heal naturally.
- Ice compress– if your bling pimple is very tender, you can try another way of using an ice cube to reduce the swelling and pain. It brings out the best result by constricting blood vessels, which helps the soreness and reduce the swelling for a while. Wrap the ice pack in a towel to avoid getting the area too cold, and apply it 4 times a day or more.
- Apple and honey– apple and honey make a perfect home remedies for many maladies. Especially in blind pimples. The reason is because the apple contains malic acid, known for firming up the skin, and honey contains antimicrobes that fight against bacteria. Blend an apple until you have pulp, then mix with natural honey to form a paste. Apply this on the affected area and leave it for at least 10 minutes, then wipe it away and wash your skin well.
- Tea tree oil– mix one part tea tree oil with nine parts water and dip a cotton ball in the mixture, apply it on the blind pimple and leave it on for at least 10 minutes, then rinse it away and wash your skin with lukewarm water. Apply a light moisturizer, repeat this process at least 3 times a day.
- Aloe Vera– the aloe Vera plant is a miraculous healer, and is very good for treating a blind pimple. Break a leaf from an aloe plant, slit it down the stem, and remove the gel. Put the gel on the pimple and leave it for 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water. Aloe Vera does not only soothes and cools the affected area, but it heals and repair the tissues.
- Toothpaste– apply a small amount of white toothpaste on the blind pimple before going to bed. Leave it on overnight. But you can apply it during the day too, but it must remain on the skin for at least 2 hours. Do this daily until the blind pimple vanishes.
- Milk– it contains alpha hydroxyl acid that can help unclog pores by removing the outer layer of dead skin and the surrounding oil and dirt. It also makes your skin smooth and soft. Apply milk to the blind pimple using a cotton ball and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then wash the area with warm water. Also you can put a slice of bread in warm milk, and put the soaked bread on the cloth to make a poultice. Apply the poultice to the area for few minutes. Repeat the process 2 times daily until you notice some changes.
- Lemon juice– the citric acid present in lemon juice works as an astringent to dry out the pimple. It also helps to remove bacteria and dirt and speed up the healing process.
Squeeze the juice from one or two lemons, dip a cotton pad in the juice and apply it to the inflamed area. You can also mix 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice and rose water. Leave it on for half an hour and then wash your face with lukewarm water. Do this 2 times daily for a few days to see visible results.
Blind Pimple Pictures
It is important that you know what a blind bump is for you to carry out necessary treatments and care required to clear up the problems. If you have ever had one, or have it now, here are the pictures and photos to give you a clear scenario of your case and required care thereafter.
- Blind pimple:
- Causes, prevention and treatment to deep bumps:
- New beauty:
- How to treat a blind bump:
- How to pop a pimple:
- Home remedies for a blind bump: