Why is my Lips Turning Black? Get insights on how to lighten dark lips naturally, instantly fast at home. The post explores on how to whiten dark lips skin using natural ingredients and various home remedies.
What Causes Dark Lips Discoloration/ Why is my Lips Black?
The thickness of the skin covering the lips is less compared to that on the rest parts of the face. The lips tend to be naturally rosy or pink due to the underlying tissues. There is also few amount of melanin at this part of the body compared to the rest.
What causes dark lips may depend on a number of factors such as mechanical, skin disorders, chemical or lifestyle factors. Among the main causes of dark lips and discoloration include the following:
Excessive exposure of lips to sunlight triggers production of melanin, smoking and chewing tobacco and high intake of caffeinated products. Allergic reactions and skin related conditions such as jaundice, dermatitis, lentigo, anemia and cyanosis.
Low quality skin lightening products and cosmetics can also cause dark upper lips. For some individuals, hormonal imbalances can also contribute to a dark skin formation around the mouth. Despite that, there are ways on how to get soft kissable lips you can utilize.
How to lighten Dark Lips Naturally at Home
There are different and many ways on how to lighten dark lips. Depending on the effectiveness and safety, you can opt for one to lighten your lips. Natural ingredients and at home products can also be effective lip lighteners.
Ideas on how to get rid of dark lips naturally will help you in saving on cost as well as side effects of using drugstore or over the counter skin lightening products. Some of the natural ingredients discussed in the post are effective in lightening dark lips instantly fast.
Home Remedies for Dark Lips or How to Make Dark Lips Lighter
Here are some of the best home remedies for darker lip skin.
Lemon juice is effective in correcting various skin blemishes. It is well known for the treatment of dark spots on the face, removal of acne scars, and also for skin lightening. Similarly lemon is suitable for lightening dark lips instantly.
To utilize this process on how to lighten dark lips naturally you need to obtain a fresh lemon fruit. Simply squeeze the juice and apply on your lips before getting to bed.
Lemon can also be used in the making a lip scrub. Exfoliation is one of the best ways to remove dead skin cells. To make your natural lip exfoliant from lemon, obtain a slice and squeeze the juice into a small amount of sugar.
Mix the two ingredients and apply on your lips using a finger. Rub gently in a circular motion to avoid skin injuries. Repeat the process every before to go to bed and you will notice a positive change after a period of one to two month.
Are you wondering how you can make your lips pink? Having a rosy like lips is stunning. You can lighten your darker lips using rose water mixed with little amount of honey. Scrub your lips in a gentle manner on a daily routine you will begin to notice positive changes.
Alternatively, soak rose petals in a small amount of milk and mix to form a paste. To make it more effective add few drops of honey. Apply before you get to bed. This is the best way on how to get soft kissable lips instantly.
Sugar granules have a property to exfoliate skin hence removing dead cells that are naturally dark. To use this method of dark lip treatment, take two spoon full of granulated sugar and add little water to result with a thick paste.
Mixing sugar, honey and lemon juice also forms an effective scrub that can help you attain a smooth, soft skin on the face and lips.
This ingredient is effective in lightening dark lips. It also moisturizes and keeps it hydrated all day. Application of pomegranate daily is the most ideal way on how to get rid of dark lips naturally. To make your paste, mix a small amount of crushed pomegranate with rose water and add little milk cream.
You can also mix pomegranate juice with beetroot juice or carrot juice for the lightening your lips instantly overnight. Beetroot is known to poses natural bleaching property. This is the best way to go on how to lighten dark lips.
This is also a natural lip lightener. It is also suitable for general skin lightening and removing of dark circles around the eyes. To use, obtain cucumber slices and rub gently against your lips. Before getting to bed is the best time since your lips gets enough time to absorb the juice.
Just like cucumber, potatoes are suitable for minimizing skin darkness. Obtain a slice of potatoes and rub against your lips for approximately five minutes. Regular application guarantees soft naturally pink lips in a short period of time.
Almond oil is good for moisturizing, softening and lightening dark lips. To make an effective dark skin lip lightener, mix few drops of almond oil with honey. You can also use castor oil following a gentle massage routine. Coconut oil is also an alternative.
Berries contain antioxidant property besides minerals and vitamins suitable for skin lightening around your lips. You can use raspberries or strawberries juice mixed with petroleum jelly.
Honey protects your lips against bacterial infections and sunburn due to UV radiations from the sun. It also moisturizes your lips making them to turn from dark to pink hence regarded suitable for using in treatments on how to get pink lips.
How to Get Rid of Dark Lips Overnight
Here are ways on how to lighten dark lips fast:
- Petroleum jelly application: Lip balms help in the healing and protection of chapped dry lips. Apply Vaseline regularly before going to bed at night. In a day you can also apply a thin layer of this product since it is effective in protecting your lips against harsh environmental conditions such as cold, UV rays and wind.
- Application of the best lip balm: Moisturize you lips daily in the morning by using a moisturizing lip balm. It should be used along with any other lip care product you uses such as lipstick, lip gloss or lip stain. While choosing the lip balm ensure the ingredients are gentle on your lips and they are also not allergic to your body. Examples of best lip balm you can try include: Nivea, Banana Boat, Burt’s Bees, Carmex, Softlips and Blistex among others.
- Avoid application of lip care products with fragrances, dyes or flavors:Homemade lip exfoliators are best used in the scrubbing of lips since they are all natural. There are also lip balms that are made from natural extracts. Synthetic products might contain chemical elements that not only irritate lips but also make them chapped and dry. Most of the lip products you should use must have at least SPF 15 to protect your lips against UV radiations and sun burn damages.
- Apply the best moisturizing lipstick for your skin tone: Learn how to get soft lips by application of a correct lipstick that ensures your lips are moisturized all day long. There are favorable lip balms and lipsticks that contain natural lip effective ingredients such as Cocoa butter, Coconut oil and Olive oils which are essential ingredients for protecting your lips.
- Lip exfoliation: Use your best lip exfoliator in the removal of dead skin from your lips. There are various ways on how to exfoliate lips and mastering such techniques will make you get the super lustrous lips you have been dreaming of.
- Drinking Water: This is the best way to ensure your body remains hydrated. Hot or too cold weather conditions can easily dehydrate your body due to high metabolism reactions. Lips contain the thinnest skin and they will easily become dry and chapped. However drinking sufficient amount of water will save you from this lip condition.
- Avoid licking your lips: Many people are tempted to lick their lips when they feel an irritation or dryness. When you feel the urge, it is recommended that you apply a chapstick or a thin layer of Vaseline for guys. Obtain your favorite brand at drugstores such as Walgreens and CVS and pocket friendly cost.
How to Get Rid of Dark Lips Naturally Fast
Here are some of the ingredients you can use to whiten dark lips fast.
Baking Soda and Water Mixture: Add a small amount of water to the baking soda and stir the mixture. Using a toothbrush or you finger, apply the paste in a gentle circular motion. Finalize by application of a moisturizing lip balm, Vaseline, Coconut Oil or Olive Oil. Baking soda is a natural abrasive and will make you get baby soft lips overnight.
A Mixture of Lemon, Castor Oil and Glycerin: Mix the three ingredients in a bowl and thoroughly stir to mix. Apply the paste formed on the lips before bed time using your finger or a toothbrush. Lemon possess a healing property that will treat any chapped lips. Oil helps in protecting the lips by forming a barrier. Glycerin is added since it is a moisturizer.
Mixture of Rose Petals and Fresh Raw Milk: Soak some rose petals in a bowl containing raw milk. After a few minutes, stir the mixture to form a paste. Apply the paste on your lips and take 3 to 5 minutes before washing with warm water. Apply some lip balm or moisturizer for soft lustrous color lips.
How to Get Rid of Dark Lips in a Week
You can lighten your dark lips in one week using the formula below:
Sugar, Honey and Olive Oil Mixture
This is the most suitable recipe of all the methods on how to lighten dark lips. The results are instant and long term.
Naturally sugar is an abrasive and it is the best at home ingredient suitable for lip exfoliation. When sugar is mixed with natural honey and olive oil, the paste not only removes the dead skin from the chapped lips but also heals and moisturizes at the same time. This is however the best homemade lip exfoliator you can never go wrong with.
Honey is medicinal in nature and is used in curing of many diseases. This feature makes it suitable in promoting healing of flaky lips. It is also a natural moisturizer hence keeping your lips hydrated all day and night long.
Olive is a type of edible oil and it is added to the mixture to help in creating a protective barrier. Oil however ensures your lips are protected from excessive sunlight, cold and other factors that leads to drying and chapping of lips.
Sugar Lip Scrub Homemade Recipe:
- 1 teaspoon natural honey
- Small cup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, sweet almond oil or sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 1 to 2 drops essential oil (optional)
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Cotton balls
- Moisturizer or lip balm
- Place the 1 teaspoon full of natural honey in a small sterile cup. Gently warm the honey in for five seconds in your microwave.
- Add 1 teaspoon full of olive oil, or almond or sunflower oil
- Add 2 teaspoons full of granulated brown or white sugar and stir to mix.
- You can add a drop of lemon juice if you feel like to create a soothing effect.
- If you desire you can also add few drops of essential oil such as spearmint or lemon flavored oil for a soothing scent.
- With clean hands apply the paste using a finger in a circular motion for 2 minutes
- Wipe the sugar scrub off the lips using the clean cotton ball and rinse with warm water.
- Finalize by application of your best lip moisturizer or balm
- Repeat the same for 2 times a week and your lips will be silky soft after one to two months.
- Store your excess homemade lip exfoliator in a closed container and keep in fridge for future
How to Cure Black Lips
Lips can appear black due to various reasons as discussed above. But you can effectively cure dark lips using the following tips:
- Always scrub your lips gently using a natural sugar lip scrub, toothbrush or drugstore lip exfoliant. Lips are delicate and forceful scrubbing can damage its skin.
- Avoid strong lip glosses and lipsticks since they contain fragrances that can damage the soft skin on the lips.
- Before going to bed cleanse off all the traces of cosmetics from your lips to give the skin on the lips suitable time to heal and rejuvenate.
- Before going to bed moisturize your lips with the help of some clarified butter to prevent it from drying and cracking.
How to Lighten Dark Lips Naturally Video
- How to Get Pink Lips Fast: http://www.beautyclue.com/lip-care/how-to-get-pink-lips-rid-of-dark-lightning-fast-naturally/
- How to Get Soft Lips: http://www.beautyclue.com/lip-care/get-soft-lips-really-super-soft-baby-kissable-lips-overnight/
- How to Lighten Dark Lips: http://www.lightskincure.org/skin-lightening/how-to-lighten-dark-lips-fast-naturally-home-remedies-men-women-without-makeup/
- Proven Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips Naturally: http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/get-rid-of-dark-lips/#popup
- How to Remove Dark Lips Fast: http://darklipstips.com/how-to-remove-dark-lips-fast.html